When it comes to making changes, perhaps few of them are as stress producing as moving to a new home. After all, there is first the period of looking for or building that new home, then there is the packing up of your belongings, then it is time to move said boxes to the new location and then the unpacking of all your items and setting up housekeeping.
Whew! That’s enough to make one tired just thinking about it!
Thankfully, one no longer has to do every one of those steps on their own. Simply choose a moving company to do much of the work for you and you can quickly and easily be moved and then set up in your new home in no time at all. Of course, you may not want to hire the very first or the cheapest moving company you happen to find in the phone book or as part of a Web search, or you could be unimpressed with the results. So, how do you go about making the move on selecting a moving company? Here is a basic checklist of making sure you choose the best company possible for helping you make a move.
· Give yourself plenty of time to select a moving company; ideally at least eight to ten weeks. During that time do your homework. Ask friends and family for recommendations, find out if any of the companies used broke/damaged items, were they courteous, on time, have enough equipment and any other concerns you may have. Ask people you know.
· Determine what your move is going to take. Will you be moving appliance? Do you have valuable or artwork that requires special packaging? How much time do you have to make the move? Do you need a full service moving company that does the packing and unpacking, too?
· Once you have narrowed down your list of moving companies, be sure you talk to each one and understand exactly what they offer and what you are paying for it. Make sure that your comparisons are Like to Like.
· Before signing, read the contract carefully, and ask questions about anything that is unclear.
· Know exactly what is expected of you on moving day.
Making a move does not have to be a stressful, draining experience. Simply, be sure to do your homework and select a company that has years of experience, guarantees that meet your needs and reputation that makes you smile. A great company to talk to is First Choice Movers. movers tulsa ok